Friday, January 30, 2009

About last night

The reception for my show was last night, and it was fun. I have a love-hate relationship with these kinds of things, but this one went very well. And I'm relieved it's now officially yesterday. The show runs for another month, and it seems to have already generated a nice little buzz around campus. People have been very kind from all quarters: friends, colleagues, acquaintances, and strangers. I suppose I really should try to do these sorts of things more often. You know, get the work out of the studio. He said, tongue in cheek. Soon will post pics of the installation and maybe even video. Stay tuned, sportsrockers, as my brother would say.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I heard from a reliable source that the refreshments were late, and I kept thinking back to a half-full magnum bottle of white wine or something sitting by the wall at a Pratt gallery room the day after a reception for one of your colleagues. Back in the day.